Community Emergency Response Training (CERT)
The CERT program is:
- Neighbor helping neighbor…doing the greatest good for the greatest number of people
- A community-based program targeted at community residents.
- A group of ordinary citizens who want to help in time of disaster.
- Comprised of people trained in basic emergency skills offering immediate help to victims until professional services arrive.
- A program designed to teach neighborhood volunteers safety measures for use during a disaster
- A way to plan for a potential neighborhood emergency.
- A way to reduce stress and confusion in the neighborhood during a disaster.
- An inducement for citizens to seek higher levels of training through other sources.
- A potential recruitment tool for local emergency care providers, fire companies, and agencies.
The CERT organizational structure was developed because there is a need to provide:
- Effective communication among agency personnel and the citizens
- A well-defined management structure
If you are interested in receiving this training please complete an application and return it to:
Washington County Emergency Management
ATTN: CERT CLASS REGISTRATION
16232 Elliott Parkway
Williamsport, MD 21795