Relief Act Grant Menu
Food and Beverage Grant Online Application
Application Terms & Agreements
By completing this application, the applicant accepts the following terms:
- All of the information set forth in the Application is true and correct.
- The Grantee and/or the person signing below has the authority or right to sign this formal application and agree to its terms.
- The applicant is and will remain, in compliance with the laws of the Federal Government and the State of Maryland and its political subdivisions, including all laws prohibiting discrimination.
- If any information or certification in the Application or any attachments to the Application are false or materially misleading, the Grantee shall repay any awarded grant funds back to Washington County, MD in the full amount.
- By submitting this application, you agree to be listed in the Washington County, MD Department of Business Development’s Business & Industry Directory, and be part of its distribution lists.
- Must own, rent, or lease a permanent food and/or beverage service location in Washington County, MD (non-profit organizations, commissaries, food banks, groceries, farmers markets, mobile food service, vending machines, home kitchens, etc. are not eligible).
- Businesses must have a current Washington County, MD business license, and the business must be in good standing with Washington County, MD Government and with the State of Maryland on Maryland Business Express without outstanding taxes, fees, or other charges, and registered with the state, if required by law.
- Go to www.courts.state.md.us/clerks/washington/business for a Washington County, MD business license.
- Use the Maryland Business Express link to ensure your business is in good standing or go to: https://egov.maryland.gov/businessexpress/entitysearch.
- Demonstrate operational expenses or purchases via documentation and written narrative incurred due to COVID-19.
- Must currently be in operation.
- Eligible expenses may include the following:
- Working capital, such as rent, payroll, and job training;
- Purchase of equipment and services to expand outdoor dining, such as tents, heaters, warmers, and carts;
- Infrastructure improvements, such as HVAC system upgrades, technology for carryout and delivery;
- Purchase of PPE
- Disposable food containers or utensils
- Sanitation services; and
- Any other costs to sustain your business
- The maximum award amount for this grant may be up to $12,000 per applicant.