The Division of Public Works
James L. Sterling, Director
Christine Casey, Sr. Office Assoc.
The Division of Public Works consists of four departments: Highways, Parks and Facilities, Transit, and Hagerstown Regional Airport, utilizing approximately one hundred and sixty employees and an administrative office with a staff of three, consisting of the Director, Stormwater Management Coordinator and Documents Coordinator (Organization Chart)
The mission of the division is to provide and maintain a safe, cost effective infrastructure and public transportation that enhances the quality of life in Washington County.
The Division of Public Works is responsible for:
- Operation of the Hagerstown Regional Airport
- Maintenance of County owned highways
- Operation and maintenance of County owned parks, buildings, and facilities
- Maintenance of County owned stormwater management facilities
- Operation of the County's public transportation system (Transit/County Commuter)
- Management of the County MS4 NPDES Permit
5/13/15 3:15 PM