ZONING / BUILDING PLAN REVIEW / LICENSES
IT'S BUILDING SAFETY MONTH!
Visit the County's Facebook page for tips throughout the month on how to keep your family and home safe!
WEEK 1 May 6-12: Fire Safety and Awareness
WEEK 2 May 13-17: Disaster Safety and Mitigation
WEEK 3 May 20-26: Backyard and Pool Safety
WEEK 4 May 27-31: Energy and Green Building
The Permitting Dept. is located under the Division of Plan Review and Permitting and is responsible but not limited to the following:
- The receipt and processing of all types of residential/commercial building permits and trade permits
- Issuance of licenses for junkyards, mechanical, plumbing and electrical contractors
- Reviews plans for building construction, siteplan, subdivision, grading, etc. projects
- Serves administratively to the Plumbing/Mechanical Board, Board of Examiners & Supervisors, Animal Control Board, Board of Zoning Appeals and Building Board of Appeals
- Enforces local and state building related codes and ordinances
- Enforces the Zoning Ordinance and Weed Ordinance
5/13/13 7:53 AM