Department of Information Technology
Joshua O'Neal, Deputy Director
100 West Washington Street, Room 334
Hagerstown, Maryland 21740
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:30AM to 4:30PM
The Department of Information Technology (IT) is responsible for providing Washington County Government (WCG) and supported agencies with computer and technical related services and systems. These services and systems include network operations, software and technical support services, and geographical information systems (GIS) development and management.
- Network & System Operations is responsible for procuring, provisioning, providing, distributing, installing, and maintaining information technology (hardware & software), local and wide area (LAN/WAN) computer network infrastructure (copper, fiber and 802.11 wireless), storage area networks (SANs), Internet access, remote access (VPN) and connectivity, email and voice mail services, telephony and telecommunication integration services, web site (Internet and Intranet) and e-government application development, security services (firewall management, intrusion detection and prevention, end user authentication, network monitoring, virus detection and eradication, and malware defense management), Microsoft product patch management services, software licensing and media management, technical assistance services and performing and monitoring nightly, weekly and monthly backups of all enterprise and departmental data.
- Software Support is responsible for providing software and administrative support for:
- PeopleSoft (B&F, HR, CIS, EPM)
- Capital Budget
- Accela Permits Suite
- Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
- Microsoft SQL and
- in-house developed applications
- The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Office is responsible for developing, coordinating, maintaining, supporting and administering Washington County Government's (WCG) GIS infrastructure; for providing technical GIS assistance to County departments; for managing and maintaining the County's GIS software systems (ESRI, etc.), and for GIS project coordination within WCG and in partnership with outside supported agencies.